Re: xor questions

Lee:
>  {do cuxna ma poi se djica ku'o le tcati ce le ckafi}
>  You choose what (that is desired) from the set [tea, coffee]?

Answer:

        i mi cuxna lo selpinxe poi se djica ku'o le tcati ce le ckafi
        I choose a beverage that I want from the set [tea, coffee].

I think any question with {ma} will be answerable with
{lo selpinxe}.

But you could say:

    ko cuxna lo selpinxe le tcati ce le ckafi
    Choose a beverage from {tea, coffee}.

Here you're only asking that they choose one, though. You're
not asking any question.

>If you don't want to specifically indicate a chooser, {cmima}
>seems appropriate as well:
>
>  {ma poi se djica cu cmima le tcati ce le ckafi}
>  "What (that is desired) is a member of the set [tea, coffee]?

Answer:

    i lo selpinxe poi se djica cu cmima le tcati ce le ckafi
    A beverage that is desired is a member of the set [tea, coffee].

>In both cases, the relative clause can get as complex as needed
>to specify further conditions (such as that only one thing
>can be chosen {poi pa se djica}).  No need to burden logical
>operators with that chore.

If we're not interested in asking a rigorous question then a simple
{do djica tu'a le tcati ji le ckafi} will do. No need to complicate things
with sets if the question still leaves as much margin for unwanted
answers as the simple one does.

co'o mi'e xorxes