Re: djuno and ce'u

>> >  He knows that Christ was born on Christmas Day and she knows that
>> >  Christ was NOT born on Christmas day.
>
>> Last week, I would
>> have easily said that I am most other people know that teleportation is
>> impossible.  But then I read of the experiments that demonstrated quantum
>> teleportation, so I now know differently than before.  So to many other peop
>> now know differently.  Buit those who have not been exposed to this new
>--More--
>> information, know something else.
>
>yOU'RE using "know" in an empathetic way, using a rhetorical
>device of subjectivity, where the speaker assumes the identity
>of someone spoken about.

Maybe "know" as well as "believe" requires some empathy, or at least
communication from the referent.

I cannot accept that djuno, without a place for the speaker, can have any
reference to the speaker's concept of what is truth.

It has to be with reference to x1's concept of truth to the extent that the
speaker understands it.

>> That is not the difference between the Lojban words.  Lojban first of all
>> distinguishes between facts and truths.  Only fatci is factive.
>
>Mere assertion....

Mere assertion.  pc and I hammered this one out, and put in fatci
specifically for the poissibility of claiming atruth that is independent of
epistemology, should there be any such thing %^).

The definition of fatci in the gismu list says "truth in the absolute"
whereas jetnu  (and djuno) are truths according to some
 epistemology/metaphysics.

>Show me that prescription.

See your gismu list.

lojbab