Re: knowledge and belief

mark shoulson:
>Just to muddy the waters further, how does this play with those indirect
>questions that have been making so many heads spin?  What about "Steven
>knows that Jorge knows who went to the store"?  You can't replace the second
>"knows" with "believes" or "opines", even in Lojban, can you?  The first
>maybe.  Does {mi krici ledu'u makau klama le zarci} make any sense in
>Lojban, as a "less certain" form of {mi djuno ledu'u makau klama le zarci}
>as the claim seems to be?

That would be:

<la stivn cu djuno du'u la xorxes cu djuno nu da cu klama le zarci kei>

I don't think this adds any additional problem, although perhaps I'm
missing something.

co'omi'e la stivn

Steven Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria