Re: Adjectives

vecu'u le notci po'u <884129579.0519915.0@listserv.cuny.edu> la Chris
Bogart <cbogart@QUETZAL.COM> cu cusku di'e

>>>Page 13 in the book says that the x2 position for cutci specifies the
>>>foot that is wearing the shoe.  I am simply using "mi", to indicate me
>>>(my foot).  Is this valid?
>
>>Yes
>
>Why?

I may be stepping in a minefield here (and I don't want to reopen the
cusku controversy); but I understand a se cusku to mean anything that
can wear a shoe: a foot, a person, a dummy, a stilt. I regard
specification of sumti places (in a gi'uste) as diagnostic, not
definitive (except for certain categories such as abstractions and
sets).

|     Colin Fine    66 High Ash, Shipley, W Yorks. BD18 1NE, UK       |
|  Tel: 01274 592696/0976 635354  e-mail:  colin@kindness.demon.co.uk |
|        "Don't just do something! Stand there!"                      |
|              - from 'Behold the Spirit' (workshop)                  |