Re: knowledge and belief

>Well, you're missing the gadri before nu and du'u...
<snip>
>Also, your sentence would translate to "Steven knows that Jorge knows that
>someone went to the store"; indirect questions tend to need kau.

Oops. Xorxes pointed out the same problems:

< la stivn cu djuno le du'u la xorxes cu djuno le du'u makau klama le zarci>

>But didn't you just say that I couldn't truthfully say <da djuno ledu'u de
>djuno ledu'u bu'a>?  And isn't that exactly what you have written there?

Yes. The same problem remains, but your new phrase does not introduce a new
problem.

>I'll accept the argument that {krici} would work as well as {djuno} here,
>though I still don't really understand your (Steven's) distinction between
>the two.

I am struggling with the x4 place of <djuno>. I suggested a definitional
change for <djuno> in an attempt to remove the problem, in part by
incorporating your idea about schema, which I would like to hear more about.

co'omi'e la stivn

Steven Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria