Re: knowledge & belief

>><.i mi ja'a pa djuno le du'u la xorxes kau porpi le rulja'o kei fo racli
>>senpi>
>>"I fuzzily know beyond a reasonable doubt that Jorges broke the vase."
>>How could one alternatively use <jei> here?
>
>Do you mean something like this:
>
>    li pa jei mi djuno le du'u la xorxes cu porpygau le rulja'o fo le nu
>racli senpi
>    "1 is the truth value of my knowing that Jorge broke the vase by
>epistemology
>    of rationally doubting."

Something like that, yes, but I wanted to use jei to make the abstracted
predicated sumti fuzzy, instead of the whole bridi. What about:

<mi djuno leli pa jei du'u la xorxes kau porpi gasnu le rulja'o fo le za'u
ni racli senpi>

"I know that it is fuzzily true beyond a reasonable doubt that it was
xorxes who broke the vase."

co'omi'e la stivn

Steven Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria