Re: knowledge and belief

Markl:
>>  It ain't what you don't know that worries me;
>>  it's what you do know that ain't so.
>>    - several sources

Xorxes:
>That's an indirect question.

I disagree with this one: the presupposition is that "you know things =
that aren't so".  It's akin to "everything you know is wrong".

It strikes me that Markl went looking for clever literary uses of =
"know", and in his list, pe'i, only a few of them really violate Xorxes' =
rule.  Grep through an online book or something for a more random sample =
of "know" and I strongly believe that you'll find Xorxes is right in =
general.  "Everything you know is wrong"  and the example above, are =
interesting "quotable" sentences precisely because they violate the norm =
in search of a jarring rhetorical effect. =20

co'o mi'e kris