Re: Brivla and Bridyvalsi

>>From the "book":
>
>"Thus 'brivla', itself a lujvo built from the tanru 'bridi valsi', is
>the same lujvo as 'brivalsi',
>'bridyvla', and 'bridyvalsi', each using a different combination of
>rafsi."
>
>This presents an interesting situation.  Since the tanru is heard mostly
>as lujvo, would this be the case of internal creolization?  That is, it
>has "evolved" to being used mostly in its
>shortened form; understood as the concept represented, intuitively, and
>not as components of a tanru.  I cannot conceive of using the longer,
>almost classical sounding forms in a purely lojbanic context, even
>though it is permitted to do as such.
>
>--More--
>Would this imply natural assimilation of a new, "lojbanic" culture?  And
>how does this effect the "proof" of S-W?

Please ask on Lojban List - I am not linguisticly expert enough to even think
I understand the ramifications of your question much less competent
enough to attempot to answer it %^).

Heck, this one might even be a ghood question for sci.lang, with suitable
references to our Web site for informal advertising purposes.  Or even
Linguist List.

lojbab