Re: fuzzy bears

And to Steven:
>> <lo vofi'uze cribe pu finti le lisri>
>>
>> "One or more of the things which are fuzzily 4/7  really bears
creates the
>> story."
>
>This means that only 4/7 of a bear exists: all beardom amounts to
>no more than 4/7 of an individual bear.

I don't recall a conclusion to the "universe of discourse" discussion
(it may have just drifted away).  Would this mean *all* of beardom, or
just all of beardom within the universe of discourse?  What if we are
talking about half a pie ("I just want half a piece"), or a half dollar
coin.

>I agree with you on the absence of definite boundaries, but I am not
>sure whether we could ever agree on meaningful scales of x-ness.

Yes.  Just what fraction of bearness is a teddy bear, or a panda bear?

Rik.