Re: knowledge and belief

Logical Language Group wrote:

> Now if Y is a proposition based on djuno, then the above statement says that
> someone knows the x2 of Y at time X.  If indeed that someone knows that x2 at
>  time X, then the fact that this x2 is found to be false should not change
> the truth valiue of the X-time knowledge claim.

What we're saying is that "x1 knows that x2 at time X" and "x2 is false" are
contradictory statements.  If x2 turns out to be false, then x1 didn't
know x2 at any time, no matter what x1 or anyone else believed at time X.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
                Clear all so!  'Tis a Jute.... (FW 16.5)