Re: x4 of djuno (was: Re: Summary so far on DJUNO)

>I accept all this. However, if we find that there is a candidate
>meaning for "djuno" which is compatible with (a) the keyword,
>(b) the place structure, (d) usage, and (e) the necessity for
>the meaning to differ from other gismu's, then I think this
>automatically beats a candidate meaning that fails to satisfy
>criteria (a) or (d).

I consider that d) at this point has essentially no weight - "usage" is that of
only a few people,and those people obviously are disagreeing as to what the
words mean.  The keyword is useful ONLY as a clue word and you need to look at
related words as well, especially when the place structure doesn't seem to
fit the most obvious meanings.  Even when you lokk at the alternate
synonyms used in the place structure definitions, you need to look at the
whol place structure and also to consider less common meanings of the words
used, since the goal there was to translate the Lojban into some English
equivalent and not to translate the English into Lojban.

>Why should "djuno" have a speaker place? Pinxe lacks one, yet
>the speaker is claiming that x2 of pinxe is liquid,

Is he?  Not in my opinion.  He is merely claiming trhat x2 is drinkable,
and it is an inference that in order to be drinkable it must be liquid.

lojbab