Re: Presuppositions

Chris Bogart <cbogart@quetzal.com> writes:

   >Hmm... how do I `draw a fish'?

   How about "mi te pixra le finpe".  I'm not sure about the gadri, though.

Yes, you are right!  Except for this discussion we want {lo}.

           .i mi te pixra lo finpe zo'e

    x3 (moved) artist-maker                     mi

    x2 (same place) what-is-illustrated         lo finpe

    x1 (moved) is-a-picture                     zo'e

And the x2 refers to that which is illustrated, so it can be
{lo finpe}, a veridical fish or fishes in the current universe
of discourse.

Then, to respond to Lojbab, we are presupposing the fish that the
artist is making a drawing of does exist, it being veridically a fish
in the universe of discourse.

* picture,
    x1 is a picture/illustration representing/showing x2, made by artist x3
    in medium x4
    /:/ [also (adjective:) x1 is pictorial/illustrative; drawing (=
    xraselci'a), x1 draws x2 (= xraci'a/pirci'a), image (= xratai), photo
    (= kacmyxra), take a photo (= kacmyterxra, kacmyxragau, kacmyxrazu'e);
    sculpture, relief (= blixra)]
    /=/ pixra (pir xra)