Re: Summary so far on DJUNO

>To repeat from earlier messages, there is a linguistic phenomenon, called
>"subjectivity", which has to do with the involvement of the *speaker* in
>the utterance meaning. And it is possible for the speaker to sympathetically
>take on the being of one of the "characters" being spoken about. It is a
>well-known and well-studied phenomenon. The speaker changes
>identities. This accounts for all of the exceptions to the standard story
>about "know".

And Lojban has a means of explicitly marking linguistic subjectivity,
or maybe even two.  The whole debate about se'i/se'inai and empathy
had to do with this.  I added those because I felt that unmarked
subjectivity was wrong.

>> But we all seem to be agreeing that fatci is reltively
>> useless simply BECAUSEW there is little that is absolute fact,
>
>Jorge & I certainly don't agree with that.

By the definition of fatci, if there exists a metaphysics under  which
something is not true, then it is not a fatci - a truth-in-the-absolute,
whcih is what I mean by "absolute fact".

lojbab