Re: GLIBAU: Metaphysics, biology, etc.

At 05:53 PM 2/18/98 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
<snip>
>> On the other hand, only the former meaning could possibly be glossed
>> by "absolute fact", so I am at a loss to understand your intention.
>
>Not "absolute fact", but "fact in the absolute [metaphysics]".
>If you are a Vulcan, I am told, "logic" is {fatci}.

Somebunall (some-but-not-all).

Spock for instance, obviously know the limitations of logic, as did
Sarek. They demonstrated this many times. The key to Surak's philosophy
involved not letting emotions interfere with one's reasoning. Vulcan's
simply used logic as they did any other tool.

Rob Z.
"...That no government, so called, can reasonably be
trusted for a moment, or reasonably be supposed to have
honest purposes in view, any longer than it depends wholly
upon voluntary support."
--- Lysander Spooner,
    No Treason: the Constitution of No Authority