Re: more epistemic perversity

rzook@informix.com wrote:

    If I were actually translating that for some one else I might say
    "John believes I have only one child because he had a dream". In
    English one does not use the word "know" when one regards the
    belief involved as false ...

Right!  In Lojban you could use {djuno} along with John's
espistemology, as you did in your example.  And when you spoke for
yourself on the same topic, you could use {krici}, thereby suggesting
that you do not use the same epistemology as John.

    ... you can use it [djuno] that way regardless
    of whether or not you agree that x2 is true for you. Using djuno one
    can make a report of someones claim of knowing something without any
    hidden judgement of it's truth or justification.

Yes!  Nicely put.

--

    Robert J. Chassell           bob@rattlesnake.com
    Rattlesnake Enterprises      http://www.rattlesnake.com