Re: more epistemic perversity

Rob:
>Both you and And seem to want to use English prescription of usage
>of the word "know" to prescribe the usage of the Lojban "djuno", that
>seems utterly ridiculous. Since when would a prescription for an English
>gloss prescribe the use of a foreign language word?

Sorry I gave that impression. What I tried to say is this:

(1) English "know" has presupposition of truth.

(2) {djuno} is glossed as "x1 knows x2 about x3 by epistemology x4".

(3) Neither the gloss nor the (irrelevant to Lojbab) usage seen up
      to now suggest that {djuno} does not share property (1) with
      English, and I don't see the point of denying it such property.

A lot of the discussion with Lojbab has been about (1) rather than
about (3). Obviously we can't argue (3) if we disagree about (1).

I certainly agree with you that it is not in general true that words
in two languages are perfect matches. That does not mean that
{djuno} cannot have presupposition of truth like English "knows",
Spanish "saber", French "savoir",  etc.

co'o mi'e xorxes.