Re: Summary of summaries on DJUNO

>They might arguably be better with a metaphysics place (in addition
>to the x4), but they don't have to have one. The meaning of a
>predicate never dictates obligatorily the place structure. So, for
>example, you can take any gismu and define another brivla with one or
>more fewer sumti than the gismu as synonymous with the gismu.

But then you are saying that the omitted place is not necessarily relevant
or even required for the meaning.

>As for whether a brivla whose sense involves notions of "truth" is
>necessarily better off with a metaphysics place, I'm not sure that it
>--More--
>is. I cannot see any difference between
>
>     x1 is true by metaphysics x2
>
>and
>
>     x1 is a cat by metaphysics x2
>
>- either I'm not thinking straight, or it is the case that every
>predicate has an equal claim to a metaphysics place.

If x1 is an abstraction (which du'u is) then there are two possible levels
in which to insert a metaphsyics place

(x1 is a cat by metaphysics x2) is true by metaphsyics t2

It would seem possible (not sure if plausible) to use a different
metaphysics for jetnu "is true" in some contexts, than one would use for
"is a cat".

If it is NOT possible/plausible then this seems to be a unique property of
truth/falsity claims, or perhaps one is being constrained to apply
only one kind of metaphysics in any context.  I am nowhere near the
kind of philosopher to know if this is done (and it may depend on what one
considers to be a metaphysics).  But it is this dual level that is the basis
for my arguing acgainst the dependent claim that "x2 is jetnu/fatci" in
djuno as being implicit.  IT seems to me that the very acknowledging that
there exist many metaphysics, renders the possibility that I would apply
a different metaphysical standard to the truth fo x2 than to the truth of the
djuno claim that involves that x2.

The internals of the x2, however, shgould not normally be considered part of
the implicit (as opposed to pragmatic) meaning of djuno.

lojbab