Re: properties and possessions

>le bitmu cu ponse le ka blabi
>                The wall has whiteness.
>
>According to the gi'uste, for {dunda} and for {cirko} this should
>be the standard use. for the others there is no explicit mention
>of properties. Can we generalize from dunda and cirko so that
>any place that accepts a possession also accepts a property?

Probably, though for the last one of your examples (of all of them) I am
troubled.  That one has an apparent equivalent in

le bitmu cu ckaji le ka blabi
The wall is characterized by whiteness.

and it seems to me that ponse does not, or at least should not be
equivalent to ckaji.  I am having trouble coming up with why, but a
possibility is that

mi ponse re karce

mi ckaji le ka ponse re karce

seem more equivalent and I would not say

mi ponse le ka ponse re karce

which leads to

mi ponse le ka ponse le ka ponse re karce

as infinitum.

(On the other hand, I sense that I could play the same game with infinite
recursion of ckaji.  Yet this possibility doesn't seem to irriatate me
in the same way.

lojbab