Re: zo djuno ce zo jetyju'o

Lojbab:
> My wife says that djuno is savoir in French, most closely.

Less incompetent francophones please feel free to correct me, but I think
this is repeating the original mistake (or mistakoid) of glossing {djuno}
as "know". AFAIAA, _savoir_ is a pretty good match for _know_, but
since it has been established that _know_ is rather misleading as a
gloss for the meaning Lojbab intended, it would follow that _savoir_ is
equally misleading. My knowledge of French verbs is pretty limited,
but I would have thought _croire_ or _penser_ a better match for your
intended meaning. (In Italian, I think _pensare che_ ("think that")
would be the best rendition, at least out the verbs I know.)

The lesson: translate the Lojban word, not the English gloss.

--And.