Re: Translation Exercise (from ConLang)

la dn di'e cusku
>The reason for my doubt is that the gismu 'mutce', 'milxe' and 'traji' are
for
> expressing the ideas of very, not very and extremely for general
properties.
> The use of 'small' strikes me as a slavish use of an English idiom.  For
me,
> the gimsu 'cmalu', 'jarki' and 'cinla' form series for the spatial
dimensions.

That's tordu, jarki and cinla. {cmalu} is not necessarily one-dimensional.

> Using 'cmalu' for 'little' leads to the question of what does 'jarki
vamji' and
> 'cinla vamji' mean?

tordu, jarki and cinla might refer to spatial dimentions, although clani
has been used for time, so I don't know. But cmalu doesn't have that
limitation.

>For the adjectives valuable and little value, I would use 'vamji mutce' and
> 'milxe vamji'.

Yes, that works too. Or even {vamji tolmutce}.

co'o mi'e xorxes