Re: Summary so far on DJUNO

>> On the other hand, djuno is distinguished from
>--More--
>>  birti in that I can be birti of something without being able to justify it,
>> or epistemologize it.  I can also djuno something without being birti of it,
>> if I have one epistemology which without doubt "proves" the x2, whereas anot
>> epistemology supports doubt.
>
>... but here you lose me. How can I be certain of something without
>anything to support it?

How can YOU be certain?  No idea - you may be a rationalist that demands
evidence for evertything.  But there are people who believe thinsg with no
evidence supporting that belief at all.  If their belief is strong enough
one could easily say that they were "certain" of it.

>How can I djuno je na'e birti? You said
>yourself, you should not have doubt regarding something you djuno.

Given a particular epistemology, you should be certain that epistemology
generates the knowledge (I kinda like the version Erik and Chris just
started discussing, but am not ready to commit that this is what I have been
trying to say all along aboiut djuno).

But I gave examples before (probably before you resubscribed) such
that my son both knows and rejects the idea that Santa Claus exists using
two different epistemologies.  By one epistemology  (faith and the
evidence of the presents on Christmas morning), he knows it.  By another
(the authority of his peers), he knows it is false.  How certain he is of the
truth in either direction depends on his mood and emotional state.  Buit he
knows it in one sense.

lojbab