Re: Lojban ML: Syllogism and sophism

>Another interpretation of ni marji might be "amount of matter measured in
>moles" (molro, not kakpymabru :) ).  Alternative ways of conceiving the
>idea of mass might include "ni muvdu fapro" (amount of resistance to
>motion; inertial mass) or possibly something like "ni te junta"? (amount =
>of
>gravitational field) (I think I prefer "ni muvdu fapro").

well you could certainly have
le ni marji kei le si'o molro
just as ... le si'o grake

LIkewise ni muvdu fapro ( atanru and therefor open to misinterpretation
especially in the absence of context) would have to have an x2 scale of units.
If that scale is grake or molro, or something compatible, then you clearly
have an expression of mass.

But alas, on further thinking, I would interpret muvdu fapro as a force opposing
movement, such as friction.  muvdu jdari - understood as resistance to movement
would be inertia, and I think that tis the concpet you are trying for with
ni muvdu fapro, not mass.  My physics is incredibly rusty after 25 years
out  of
college, but I think inertia != mass.

lojbab

Hmm, you are doing something that is causing this message to reply to the list
rather than to you, Herman.  This is risky in that I almost did not notice it,
and usually assume that I must cc: to the list.  If I had not seen it the list
would have gotten the message twice.