Re: Lojban ML: Syllogism and sophism

>> Your {le ni ko'a sutra le nu broda
>>cu cenba} is not more specifc about the scale, is it?
>
>Mine did not provide the units, but ni sutra is a speed/velocity and not
>an acceleraion or other measurement.

Let's say {broda} means "x1 changes its velocity".
Isn't the amount of koha being fast in changing velocity
something like acceleration?

>> In English,
>>we say that the length of an object is x meters. In Lojban, we
>>simply relate the object with the number of meters. Same for all
>>quantities.
>
>But the wording of the place structure of mitre etc. specifically indicates
>thatthe x1 is being measured.  Thius is not the wording of klani.

The wording of {mitre} specifically indicates measurement. The wordings
of {grake} and {snidu} do not. But I don't think that matters much. To me,
it is enough that I can say:

            i la djan mitre li papibi
            John is 1.8 in meters.

            i la djan ki'ogra li bino
            John is 80 in kilograms.

            i la djan nanca li remu
            John is 25 in years.

to generalize to any other quantity. For example:

            i la djan panzi klani li ci
            John is 3 in children type of quantity.

           i la djan gerku klani li re
           John is 2 in dog type of quantity.

Or, when the scale is not so obvious, it can be made more explicit:

           i la djan klani li pasexa le ka litru lo ki'otre
           John is 176 in the kilometers travelled.

I don't think we can have different rules for different quantities.
If the x1 of mitre can be either "John" or "John's height", then
both should be acceptable as the x1 of klani as well. You just
have to make sure that the te klani is a scale appropriate for
measuring whatever you put in x1.

co'o mi'e xorxes