Re: years and oscillations

Jorge wrote:

> My second question is about slilu and tonga:
>
> slilu:  x1 oscillates at rate/frequency x2 through set/sequence-of-states x3
> (complete specification).
>
>  tonga:  x1 is a tone/note of frequency/pitch x2 from source x3.
>
> What goes in the x2 place? If we put a number, what are the units
> of frequency?

I don't know about slilu, but in the case of tonga there are two
alternatives: the actual oscillation in Hz, or a note in a particular
scale.  There is no fixed relationship here; for example, in most music
a=440 Hz, but in baroque music a=415 Hz.  You might also need a
specifier/article (like 'li' for numbers) to indicate that it is a note
in a particular scale - I don't know if such a word exists.

Robin

<http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/8309>