Re: years and oscillations

la robin mi di'e spuda
>>  tonga:  x1 is a tone/note of frequency/pitch x2 from source x3.
>>
>> What goes in the x2 place? If we put a number, what are the units
>> of frequency?
>>
>I don't know about slilu, but in the case of tonga there are two
>alternatives: the actual oscillation in Hz, or a note in a particular
>scale.

Wouldn't the note go in the x1 place?

> There is no fixed relationship here; for example, in most music
>a=440 Hz, but in baroque music a=415 Hz.

But do we say:

            abu tonga li vovono a li vopamu
            A is a note of frequency 440 or 415 Hz.

or:

            abu tonga lo nidykemrepli be li vovono a li vopamu
            A is a note of frequency something that repeats
            per second 440 or 415 times.

> You might also need a
>specifier/article (like 'li' for numbers) to indicate that it is a note
>in a particular scale - I don't know if such a word exists.

No, it doesn't. I don't think there has been much done in Lojbanic
musical notation.

co'o mi'e xorxes