oops, Nick? pu'i or pu'o

Nick and Colin exchange on:
Nick:
>>>.i tu'a mi se fuzme lenu le bajrystu cu cilmo .e lenu le bajrystu na
>>>cilmo .e lenu brife .e lenu na brife .e lenu carvi .e lenu solgu'i .e
>>>lenu dilnu .e lenu puzi citka le dukse kei .e lenu puzi citka noda kei
>>>.e lenu puze'u na cpacu lo xatra kei .e lenu na puzi jinga fo tu'a le
>>>jmaboi nunjvi cundinkei .iji'a mi se xlali nu'i lenu jivna pu le
>>>dedmidju kei ki'u lenu pu'i camcikna nu'u.e lenu jivna ba le dedmidju
>>>kei ki'u lenu ca djarunta .isu'a mi se xlali lonu jivna .i lei puzi se
>>>cusku cu so'omei lei velci'i poi caza se cusku .iku'i mi va'o lenu xamgu
>>>to jo'u xlali toi djica cu ka'e facki lo drata

Colin:
>>"ki'u lenu pu'i camcikna" - I think there's a negative missing here.

Nick:
>No.  I am in the "until" of wide-awake = I am not yet wide awake.
>That's how I interpret {pu'i}.

I think you mean pu'o (I hope).  I think you've made this mistake
elsewhere, I saw a "pu'i" in Wallops #4 that looked like the same
mistake.  You may wish to check elsewhere.

pu'o = in anticipation of - associated with the time just before an
event/interval that is to occur

ba'o = in the aftermath of (associated with the time immediately after
the completion of an occuring event/interval

ca'o = associated with the middle of an occuring event/interval

A reminder, since it was forgotten briefly by me - the perfective tenses
are NOT like pu and ca and ba.  A claim about a relationship in the pu'o
of an event suggests that it is true specifically because of association
with that time period relative to the event.  For English speakers, this
is like the past perfect:  "I have read the book." implies that the
completion was in the past and that you aren't still reading it now -
this is "ba'o".  "pu'o" is like "I am about to read the book, which
implies that you haven't been reading it before the inchoative
near-future.

I don't know whether this is relevant to the ongoing (ca'o) discussion
but I haven't yet started (na, not na'eba'o which means something
entirely different I think) to look at Nick's efforts.  But it seemed
appropriate to mention it since it came to mind and isn't covered in any
existing published text.

lojbab