names and the book

I just ran across a list that has exactly the type of thing I have in
mind for the name section in the reference book, in terms of length and
scope.

The bright red Russian-English/English-Russian dictionary by Kenneth
Katzner, which was recommended to us as the best at the time when we
started work on Lojban, has at its very end a list of proper names,
occupying about 10 pages of a 900 page dictionary.  This is even about
the length I have in mind.

In it, there are sections for the following (approx. number of names in
parens)

Continents(6)
Countries(150)
Territories, Regions, Principalities (75)
Island Groups(25)
Islands(40)
States of the Union(50)
Canadian Provinces(10)
Cities (250)
Sections of Cities (e.g. Manhattan) (10)
Oceans (4)
Seas (20)
Lakes (16)
Rivers(50)
Gulfs, Bays, Straits, Channels, Canals(12)
Mountain Ranges(12)
Mountain Peaks (15)
Famous Names (150)

The exact contents would change for our list probably a little longer -
I want to add language names and common first names, and I mentioned
better coverage for Great Britain and Australia.  The book came out pre-
Gorbachev, and doesn't have most of the Soviet Republics (a surprising
oversight in a dictionary of Russian!), so minor changes in the choices of
names will be appropriate.

If someone else has this book or a similar list of names and can type it
up on-line, it would probably help.  If no one else volunteers, Nick
and/or Colin can ask me and someone here can type it in.

Also, if anyone has a name in the above, or in some other category, that
they would like to see included in a reference list, please post it to
Nick or Colin or to the list as a whole perhaps.  You can attempt to
Lojbanize it yourself, and the attempt will be appreciated, and probably
commented on (not by me though, if I can help it).  But I'd like to have
requests from the not-actives as well as the actives.  You are the
people the book is being written for - what do you want - and need?

lojbab