selci vs. kantu

la nitcion. cusku di'e

> Sudden flash of understanding: it is {selci}, not {kantu}, which ...
> denot[es] a least identifiable distinct part of
> something. Thus ... "na'asle" - "breadcrumb".

Now I'm not sure what the difference between "selci" and "kantu" is any more.
"selci" is defined as "whole basic subunit" and "kantu" as "smallest measurable
increment".  It is not clear to me that bread is >made of< crumbs, in the
sense that crumbs are the basic units of which a loaf is constructed.
Instead, I would say that a crumb is the smallest piece of bread -- a
"na'akantu".

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
                e'osai ko sarji la lojban