Re: Dreams (messages copied from Loglanists list)

> Date:          Mon, 21 Jun 1993 14:43:38 -0400
> From:          John Cowan <cowan%SNARK.THYRSUS.COM@FINHUTC.hut.fi>
> Subject:       Dreams (messages copied from Loglanists list)

> Of course, the whole notion that what MLK had was a {senva} is plain silly.
> He had a {panca}, or maybe even a {terzukte}.  A reasonable, if essentialist,
> translation might be:
>
>         mi ckaji le nu panca

  Departing altogether from an attempt of a literal translation
  and starting from the context of a speech (and allowing for
  a little bit of vagueness) we can express it very emphatically
  in Lojban with a single word:

                  se'o

  I think this brings out the essence. It is possible to elaborate,
  of course, but something is very easily lost in the process, pe'i.

      co'o mi'e veion

 Veijo Vilva       vilva@viikki21.helsinki.fi