John Hodges introductory piece posted a couple weeks ago.

I've now seen three messages in response to this posting which indicate
total confusion as to what it was and why I posted it.  Most of the comments
have been in regard to the imperfections in the Lojbanizing of names.

1. The text was prepared about 2 1/2 years ago by John Hodges without any
feedback from the community.  He has been largely self-taught, and therefore
recognizes and admits that there would be many errors in his draft.  In the
case of names, though, he can point fingers back to the earlier list of
names in the Synopsis (which dates to 1987 in this matter), whihc in turn
dates back to Chuck Barton's draft Loglan primer from the early 1980's.

In other words - we know that the thing has errorrs in it.

2. The immediate reason for posting was that Nick had suggested that it
would be useful/interesting to accumulate "interesting" sentences or
phrases in Lojban.  I mentioned that Hodges had done this intro text with
the specific purpose of including interesting sentences to make the thing
less dry than the Overview and the Duagrammed Summary (which was then at a
much more rudimentary stage than it is now, but in any case has examples
intended to be clear rather than intersting).

3.  I thus would like/hope that anyone working on such an accumulation of
sentences/phrases would make use of John's work as appropriate.

4.  It might or might not be useful/appropriate or whatever for someone
to take the draft and rewrite it without the errors and updated to the
current language, and otherwise better organized.  This is a much more signifi-
cant undertaking than picking out errors in the text (since there is no
editor, de jour or otherwise, working on it, incidental notes of errors is
probably not too helpful - the thing needs too much work to worry about
how individual names are Lojbanized.

lojbab