Re: TECH: Submultiples of local unitsRe: TECH: a very few lujvo

la nitcion cusku di'e

> First: as I was entering in last month's lujvo, I saw Jorge proposed {snisku}
> for "gesticulate". But a {sinxa} is not a gesture; it is a symbol, and all
> {snisku} is saying is "using some symbolic system to communicate" --- which
> is most forms of communication we know!

Yes, a very poor proposal.

> I'd counterpropose {xadysku} ---
> "to bodily express". We already have {firsku} for "facial expression."

"facial expression", or "facially expresses"? c1=f2 c2 c3 (c4=f1)
Also, there's {xansku}, and {xanjoifirsku}.
{xadysku} seems to require the use of torso and legs as well, at least so
it seems to me.

> detcartu: calendar (detri cartu; btw, "graph" should be given as a synonym of
> {cartu})

That sounds like an apointment book/list, given the structure of detri.
How about: na'arcartu  c1=n1 (c2=some abstraction of nanca) (c3?) c4 n2 n3
Is c3, the maker of the chart, always relevant to a chart?

> clupypijne: paperclip (clupa pijne)

Isn't the "piercing" part of {pijne} a relevant part?

> plopijne: staple (polje pijne)

Is this a shortened {selplopijne}? It seems to cover some types of paperclip
as well, if a paperclip can be a pijne, but I can't think of a better one.

> cmaladyca'a: microphone (cmalu cladu cabra; I've been contemplating something
> involving 'receiver', but amn't sure how to convey that in Lojban.)

di'e di'u pinka la kolin

> 'cmalu' is not relevant. How about
> selylauca'a (se cladu cabra)

But {cladu} is also irrelevant. I guess it could be relevant to "speakers",
but why to "microphone"?

> or
> snaterga'eca'a (sance te ganse cabra) or even

I would say that a microphone is a {snaterga'e}, if it's part of a system,
otherwise, the x1 of {ganse} doesn't fit.

> tinca'a (tirna cabra)

I like {tinca'a}. c1=t1 (c2=NU t) t2 t3 c3
x1 is an apparatus that hears x2 against background noise x3, controlled by x4

Before reading {tinca'a} I had thought of {snacko}, but that's clearly
something else. (and it's not Spanish for "snack" :)

> ta'o, zoi ly. lad ly. cu rafsi zo ladru .e nai zo cladu  .i di'u se sarcu
> le nu pilno zo zoi ki'u le nu zoi ly. lad ly. valsi fi no la lojban kei vau
 .ue
>  .oi

oi je'a
i la and jo'u mi facki di'u la'e di'u ca le nu mi'a pu casnu

i le la nitcion se mrilu cu se fanmo di'e

> Oh, and I do think we're about due for another round of Eaton words :)

yes, let's. :)

co'o mi'e xorxes