Re: Lean Lujvo and fat gismu

Ooops.  Sorry aboutnot sending it to Lojban list and thanx for reposting.

I do want to note that your counter argument, if it is invoking speaker
relativism, must have some way to specify this, and there is no observer
place in JCB's color words (or most others - but some have it).  If a
langauge is intended that all claims be limited to speaker's perceptions,
this is fine, but that is NOT the way language is used.  A scientist who
KNOWS that white has more blue content than brown does, or who is reporting
on a scientific result, is going to confuse the hell out of people who
think he is colorblind.

WE chose to take all of the relativistic places out of the color words in
particular (and let people add them through BAI), because this let us NOT
have to choose a particular analysis or model of perception.  But we needed
the mechanisms to express that extra info, and JCB did not provide it in
his version of Loglan.

lojbab