Re: TECH: muvdu place structure

To Logical Language Group respond I thus:

OK. I gotta apply some self-discipline here. I'll post to you guys tonight,
but tomorrow I'm working on my essay. OK? And good thing none of my toes
*were* broken. But whatever...

#However there was another distinction embedded in muvdu that was not in
#other words of motion. benji is transmission that need not necessarily
#alienate the thing transmitted from the originator (e.g. information)
#muvdu was intended to indicate a relocation that necessarily implied
#alienation.

#If we make muvdu the intransitive of motion, how do we show the alienation/
#inalienation distinction?

I suppose anything like cirko muvgau, lebna muvgau, vimcu muvgau sepybi'o
muvdu, and the like; or are these intolerably long?

(These bandages have been tied a bit tight, though...)

#And a problem I was alrady unsettled about:  how do we express motions
#of parts of an object, either transitive or intransitive; e.g.  "He
#lifted his arm".  "The arm of the apparatus moved through a 90 degree
#arc." as expressions of "the man moves" and "the apparatus moves".  i.e.
#If the man lifts his arm or it raises on its own for some reason, we can
#say that "the man moves", but the man doesn't move from/to anywhere.

Sound like a massification problem. .i pisu'o le remna cu muvdu ni'i lenu
le ri birka cu muvdu .iku'i pirolei pa remna na muvdu . Actually, not even
a massification problem, more like a prototype semantics problem: we say
someone moves if their torso moves --- not any appendage. But I suspect
this is too culture-specific to be encoded into Lojban, which should probably
take a massificiation approach as safer/ more general. We could always
coin {pagbymuvdu} to cope with this problem...

"Kai` sa`n swqh~kan t'akriba` piota`,           N N O  nsn@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au
 kai` sa`n plhsi'aze pia` [h [w'ra te'sseres,   I I L  IRC:nicxjo RL:shaddupnic
 sto`n e'rwta doqh~kan eutuxei~s."              C C A  University of Melbourne.
  K.P.Kaba'fhs, _Du'o Ne'oi, 23 E'ws 24 Etw~n_  K H S  *Ceci n'est pas un .sig*