Re: news from TLI (colored by the Lojban point-of-view)

Of course, Bruce, Lojban has ALREADY demonstrated that it can be used in
a "speaking community" in weekly sesssions here in DC.  So I suspect that
we have already matched Volapu:k's accomplishment.  It is the attempt to
sustain this speaking community long enough that people speak the language
more comfortably, and to use such a community as a 'total-immmersion'
environment which would allow new people to learn more quickly that I think
make the idea productive.  Still, I have to say that every time we stretch the
limits of our use of the language, it makes for a good publicity event %^)

lojbab