Re: TECH: "philosophy" (was: toldi nunsenva)

I've run across this before, in another forum (can't remmeber which one)
There are two definitions of science that I have seen used by intellectuals.
The one used by scientists usually relies on concepts like the scientific
method, description, experimentation, etc.  Another definition, used by
"non-scientists", and especially those in the humanities and sometimes
the social sciences, is harder to define, but ot seems to mean a large
systematized body of knowledge or field of study.  i.e. it translates into
what we might call an -ology.  It is not clear to me that at least some
portion of philosophy (sorry, no part of philosophy) exists which qualifies
as an -ology.  (I vaguely recall -ology has something to do with Greek
"logos", which may or may not help my definitional efforts).

lojbab