Re: Some questions about the text

The minilesson was intended to be the beginning of a postal mini-course,
but a) Athelstan got hurt so the answer key was never written, nor any
followup lessons, nor was it revised to refect the 2 dozen people's
comments who have taken the lesson and sent answers (I will be revising it
and using these responses when the dictionary is done) and
b) there has been no one with skill in the language who has time to manage
such a course - we tend to co-op people who learn something to work on thw
multiptude of backlogged projects in the language.

I think we in effect have made a decision not to put a lot of emphasis on
recruiting or building up our newcomers till books are published, since
a hoigh percentage of people seem to stop at the minilesson level because
we don't have them.  For example, glyn, although we get a new person on
Lojban list every couple of days, and I send most of them the minilesson
via email, i have gotten very few (maybe 2 dozen) responses, and almost no
orders - you are the only new person that has ordered the draft textbook
in the last 6 months, for example.

I'd LIKE to see someone get more into the teaching of the language, but
we need to learn better how to do that teaching.  Athelstan had the best
ideas, and his minilessons at conventions were great (though even with them,
followup seemed to be poor).  But his style of teaching translated poorly
into paper/email form.

lojbab