Re: TECH: muvdu place structure

la djan. kau,n. cusku di'e
> We think smarter, is what we do.  We may say "the man moves" in English,
> but we don't say "le nanmu cu muvdu" in Lojban.  It is "le birka be le nanmu
> cu muvdu".

This can't be the whole story, and my first instinct was that it was
too simplistic, but perhaps it does lead us to the right answer.

The problem is of course that you don't always want to specify a
particular body part being moved.  "Immobile" came up recently in
a lujvo hunt, and I can't remember what was suggested then, but
it probably wants to be some kind of muvdu.

The solution's obvious once you've seen it - use {co'ermu'u} =
{co'e muvdu} ~ {muvdu be le co'e} ~ {muvdu be zo'e} (I'm using
the old agentive {muvdu} - substitute {muvgau} if you prefer).

That gives something like {narka'eco'emu'u} = {na ka'e co'e muvdu}
for "immobile".

Some might prefer e.g. {narka'edavmu'u} or {nondavyka'emu'u}.

mi'e .i,n.