Re: more Eaton, anyone?

la nitcion cusku di'e

> To Jorge LLambias respond I thus:
> #la nitcion cpedu le pinka
> .i go'i .i na spaji fe lenu do puba sabji led'iu pinka vauvauzo'o

frili fa le nu smadi le du'u mi ba zukte da kau  i xu go'i
i le nu go'i na xamgu mi va'o le drata be du'o do

> #> A single word for "douanier" would be bargu'ekrabe'itekykurji
> #I think you need more glue to hold that monster together.
> Actually, I think you don't --- and I think that's a big problem with the
> morphology algorithm; we expect ourselves to supply that glue. I have
> proposed making the glue requirements the same for all syllables, rather
> than them being dispensed with after the second, but Lojbab was against it.

But then how do you distinguish it from {bargu'e krabe'i tekykurji}? I guess
that if you are careful where you place secondary stresses, it is possible.
I don't care either way, since hopefully, such words will be rare.

> Would people be happy with {krasi} and {fanmo} for "to" and "from" in lujvo?
> bargu'ekrabe'i. Hm...

Hm...

(In any case, I prefer gugbarkrabe'i )

> #> #idealism                (S) idealismo
> #> selkri stodi tarti
> #That's more like credulous. Maybe
> #pa'ercumkri (nu prane cumki krici)
> pa'ercumkri is what a realist would call an idealist, at least... but my
> one isn't at all credulous. belief constant behaver? credulous is frili krici

Ok, it's a believer then, but I think idealism has to do with prane.

> #> #armpit                  (F) aisselle    (G) Achselho:hle        (S) axila
> #> janco cnita
> #or {janco nenri}
> I don't think so. I think it'd be dangerous to conflate inside and underside
> in Lojban. Doesn't nenri imply se sruri?

You're right.

> #> #dreamer                 (F) re'veur     (G) Tra:umer    (S) son~ador
> #> #        (likewise this one and lo senva)
> #> senva tarti, then
> #Then Lojban doesn't distinguish, like Esperanto (and French) between
> #"revi" and "songxi"?
> Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" has been consistently translated by
> Lojbanists as {mi pacna}. In fact, anyone remember my translation of that
> speech? I posted it here a while back.

Then I expect that {pacna} won't become "expect". I still don't understand
how to use the "expected likeliness" with "hope".

> #> #urgency                 (G) Eile        (S) urgencia
> #> ka clira sarcu
> #cabna sarcu
> ka clira kei sarcu, it should be, and I'm not sure about cabna sarcu: it
> leaves open too many interpretations.

But early means before the expected/natural time. Urgent means right now,
even if it's too late.

co'o mi'e xorxes