Re: dog-house for lapdogs

Not long ago I had dinner with a friend who has two very small dogs.
As far as I am concerned, these are not `real' dogs at all; my cat is bigger.

    .i naku zo'u lomi pendo cu srana lo'e gerku
    .i ji'a lomi mlatu cu zmadu barda ni canlu kei ra

    It is not the case that my friend is associated with truly typical dogs.
    In addition, my cat is bigger in quantity of volume
    compared with them as a standard.

I very nearly laughed out loud when saw

    lo zdani be lo gerku be la cmalus be'o ku be'o
    Truly a nest for what is truly a dog of species Miniature

It was a small basket!

    .i .ua .u'i .i'e ba'e cmalu lanka

    <discover, with amusement, with approval>  <observe> very-small basket

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@gnu.ai.mit.edu
    Rattlesnake Mountain Road        bob@grackle.stockbridge.ma.us
    Stockbridge, MA 01262-0693 USA   (413) 298-4725

na        NA    bridi negator
                  bridi contradictory negator; scope is an entire bridi;
                  logically negates in some cmavo compounds

zo'u      ZOhU  end prenex
                  marks end of logical prenex quantifiers/topic
                  identification and start of sentence bridi

pendo ped     pe'o friend
                x1 is a friend of/to x2 (experiencer) %% 2i 90

srana         ra'a pertain              'concerns'
                x1 pertains to/is relevant to/concerns/is
                related/associated with x2; (cf. ckini, ponse, steci) %% 7j

gerku ger     ge'u dog
                x1 is a dog/canine of species/breed x2 %% ai 175

lo'e      LE    the typical
                  veridical descriptor: the typical one(s) who really
                  is(are) ...

ji'a      UI3b  in addition      discursive: additionally

mlatu lat          cat
                x1 is a cat [feline animal] of species/breed x2; (cf.
                cinfo, tirxu) %% ai 124

zmadu     zma mau  more
                x1 exceeds x2 in property/quantity x3 (ka/ni) by amount x4;
                (cf. mleca, zenba, jmina) %% 6k 248

barda     bra      big                  'large'
                x1 is big/large in property/dimension(s) x2 (ka) as
                compared with standard/norm x3; (cf. banli) %% 1e 318

canlu cal     ca'u space                'volume'
                x1 is space/volume/room [at-least-3-dimensional area]
                occupied by x2 %% al 18

ni        NU    amount abstract
                  abstractor: quantity/amount abstractor; x1 is
                  quantity/amount of [bridi] measured on scale x2

ra        KOhA5 recent sumti
                  pro-sumti: a recent sumti before the last one, as
                  determined by back-counting rules

cmalu     cma      small
                x1 is small in property/dimension(s) x2 (ka) as compared
                with standard/norm x3 %% 1e 326

zdani     zda      nest                 'den'
                x1 is a nest/house/lair/den of/for x2 %% 4d 280

        .ua     discovery
        .u'i    amusement
        .i'e    approval

ba'e      BAhE  emphasize next
                  forethought emphasis indicator; indicates next word is
                  especially emphasized

lanka              basket
                x1 is a basket with contents x2, woven from material x3 %%
                ao 0