Re: (kau) and (du'u) and (jei)

la i,n cusku di'e

> No, the property disambiguator is just plain {da}.

That was my understanding a while back, but the last version
of John's paper on abstractions says otherwise.

> (Is it time to revisit my "Desperately seeking properties"
> rant from way back at the end of August?  John Cowan threatened
> to respond to the "properties" half, but to the best of my
> knowledge never did.)

Yes, please do! I think at the time I was in anti-nationality-gismu
mode, and probably wasn't reading all that was posted.

> >         mi djuno le du'u xukau la djan nelci lei plise
>
> > (and the {xu} could even be dropped)...
>
> I'm not sure about dropping the {xu}.  I did once venture
> {nakau} for this (I think it was a private message to Colin).

Yes, it's safer to leave it there. I hadn't thought of {nakau},
but it should work. I still prefer to use only question words
for indirect questions, because it's the most regular form.
Also it makes sense, since {kau} means something like "the answer
to this question".

Jorge