logic for language

     There were a couple of papers on logic and language that I felt were
very important when I ran across them at Schlumberger Palo Alto Research. I
copied their title sheets so I could try ordering them later, then lost the
title sheets. Last week I found them. I've now forgotten the details, but I
wanted to pass the information on immediately, and I hope you will put it on
the net for the other loglandians. -- Don

  Center for the Study of Language and Information
  Ventura Hall, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305

     Report No. CSLI-86-55 June 1986
     Quantifiers in Formal and Natural Languages
     Dag Westerstahl [the "a" in Westerstahl has a little circle over it]

     Report No. CSLI-86-40 March 1986
     A Complete, Type-free, "Second-order" Logic and Its Philosophical
Foundations
     Christopher Menzel