wff, lo broda...le broda

> la djer cusku di'e
> > To me, su'o  broda  means  " E(x) A  "    or E(x)P which is an
> >                                    1
> >

> > incomplete sentence, or not a wff.

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> I'm not sure what wff means, but you are right that {su'o broda} is not
> a complete sentence.

Same thing.  "wff" means "well-formed formula", which is the logical
analogue of "grammatical sentence" or "syntactically correct program".
(In Lojban, we call things grammatical, and even sentences, although they
are not full bridi.)

> Someone (Iain?) said that
> {le broda} will mean the at least one broda that satisfied whatever
> was claimed for {lo broda}, but this is not very clear to me.

It's an interpretation rule for a bare "le broda" in an environment
where no "le broda" has appeared before.  If there has been some previous
"da" restricted to be "poi broda", then suppose that "le broda" is another
way of saying this "da".  More specifically, since (on your view)
"lo broda" = "DA poi broda" for some anonymous DA, "le broda" provides a
handle on this variable.

Note that once a da-series variable, real or hidden, has been bound, further
uses of it are +specific:

	da poi nolraitru cu cusku zo broda .i da cusku zo brode

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.