Re: any

la i,n cusku di'e

> Not for my money.  I hold that any statement of possibility should
> (by default at least) mean that there are circumstances under
> which the statement holds true, not that it holds true under
> all conceivable circumstances.

I agree that that is true for {ka'e}, but {kakne} has an x3 place
for "circumstances". If this place is not filled, then it is the
obvious ones from context, which may impose some restrictions.

In the case of the sofa, it is obvious that there is a restriction
of "at the same time", otherwise it would in general be false that
only two people can sit there.

Jorge