Re: any

cu'u la .and.
> My failure of understanding is that it seems to me that you need to
> add "so long as noone else is sitting on the sofa"

Not for my money.  I hold that any statement of possibility should
(by default at least) mean that there are circumstances under
which the statement holds true, not that it holds true under
all conceivable circumstances.  This makes it negate to
impossible (not possible under any circumstances), and the
dual of "necessary" (necessary(x) <=> not possible(not x)).
This is I believe the usual formulation of necessity and
possibility in modal logic.

co'o mi'e .i,n.