Re: PROPOSAL: Lambda Notation For Dummies (and & Rosta) & Lojban

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> Date:         Fri, 18 Nov 1994 20:48:56 EST
> From:         Jorge Llambias <jorge@PHYAST.PITT.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: PROPOSAL: Lambda Notation For Dummies (and & Rosta) & Lojban

> Is there any use for properties with two lambda variables? And in any case,
> here we could use subscripts if such a thing really ever comes up.

How about statements involving symmetry, like

    *do zmadu mi leka xa'eda ctuca xa'ede fo la lojban
    *le gapru cu filmau le cnita leka klama xa'eda xa'ede

There are probably other uses for two lambda variables, maybe even for
three, once we realize the possibilities offered by their availability.

-----

BTW what happens if we stick a 'lambda quantifier' to a normal bridi?

    i.e.

             *mi nitcu xa'eda poi tanxe
 or even    **mi nitcu xa'e tanxe

> Jorge