Re: ju'i LLG Re: ko .a'o fraxu mi...

> I'm putting this up front in English to improve the chances
> of a response from someone in LLG.

Indeed.  As far as I am concerned, at least, I no longer have the energy or time
to read messages in Lojban on a routine basis: I file them for the archives,
but I don't read them.

> Jorge thinks that
>
> jorne jon     jo'e joined
> x1 is joined to/connects to/is united with x2 at common locus x3;
> x1 and x2 are a union          6f  34
> [also joined/fastened/attached by joint x3/by means of x3/with fastener x3;
> fastener (= jo'etci, jonvelyla'a); train, sequence of joined objects
> (= jonpoi; porjo'e for a single object joined into a sequence)];
> (cf. lasna, fenso, kansa, pencu, penmi)
>
> is restricted to situations where the two objects meet at a point,
> or at least are close together.  Can it be used for two points
> being connected by a line (which I was trying to use it for),
> or the cord joining a television to the electric plug,
> or whatever?  If not, what else do we use?  Is
>
> lasna         la'a fasten               'lash'
> x1 (agent) fastens/connects/attaches/binds/lashes x2 to x3 with fastener x4
>                      3f  17    [no implication that result is considered a
> single object; although x2 and x3 may be reversible, x3 may be used for the
> substrate, the fixed/larger object to which x2 becomes attached];
> (cf. jorne, fenso, jgena, batke, dinko, kansa)
> better?

I think that the TV cord is a "ve lasna cilta", but Lojbab is the gismu-list
expert.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.