ju'i LLG Re: ko .a'o fraxu mi...

I'm putting this up front in English to improve the chances
of a response from someone in LLG.

Jorge thinks that

jorne jon     jo'e joined
x1 is joined to/connects to/is united with x2 at common locus x3;
x1 and x2 are a union          6f  34
[also joined/fastened/attached by joint x3/by means of x3/with fastener x3;
fastener (= jo'etci, jonvelyla'a); train, sequence of joined objects
(= jonpoi; porjo'e for a single object joined into a sequence)];
(cf. lasna, fenso, kansa, pencu, penmi)

is restricted to situations where the two objects meet at a point,
or at least are close together.  Can it be used for two points
being connected by a line (which I was trying to use it for),
or the cord joining a television to the electric plug,
or whatever?  If not, what else do we use?  Is

lasna         la'a fasten               'lash'
x1 (agent) fastens/connects/attaches/binds/lashes x2 to x3 with fastener x4
                     3f  17    [no implication that result is considered a
single object; although x2 and x3 may be reversible, x3 may be used for the
substrate, the fixed/larger object to which x2 becomes attached];
(cf. jorne, fenso, jgena, batke, dinko, kansa)

better (e.g. {zi'o lasna})?

In message  <9502010251.aa02263@punt.demon.co.uk> jorge@phyast.pitt.edu writes:
> la i,n cusku di'e
>
> > .i mi nalmorji le vanbi be zo tersei .iseki'unaibo ku'i
> > mi fai do jaigau morji .e'apei ledu'upe'i da poi sirji .abu by.
> > cu te jorne jenai te sepli .abu by.
>
> i jorne ba'e xu???
> i da'i da linji gi'e sirji abuboi by ije abu e by mokca
> i xu da te jorne abuboi by
> i ca'i le gi'uste le te jorne cu diklo le jorne e le se jorne
> i pe'i lo linji na ka'e diklo lo mokca

.i cumki fa lenu zo jorne na mapti
.i zu'unai na birti fa mi ledu'u makau poi gismu cu matmau
.i ju'o le linji cu jorne ro re le mokca vau pe'ipei
mu'o mi'e .i,n.
--
Iain Alexander                    ia@stryx.demon.co.uk
                    I.Alexander@bra0125.wins.icl.co.uk