sselbri as sumti

>From: ucleaar <ucleaar@ucl.ac.uk>
>Subject:      selbri as sumti
>
>PROBLEM ONE
>How can we say "I always do my shopping on the same day of the
>week"?
>This seems to me to involve (a) existential quantification over
>days of the week {Monday or Tuesday or ... or Sunday }, and
>then (b) universal quantification over the result of (a) (i.e.
>over instances of that day of the week).

The versions that Chris and Jorge posted both seem to only imply that
the shopping is done on one day of the week, not that it is the SAME day
each week.  I see two ways

ro da poi jeftu de poi di poi djedi zo'u di mo'edemoi lo'e ze jefydje
zo'u mi tervecnu

which is explicit but incredibly hard to figure how to say on the fly
(not to mention that no one will remember that mo'e is the sumti to
number converter)

or the slightly elliptical but much shorter and clearer

roda poi jeftu mi tervecnu ca lo tu'omoi jefydje

>The best I can do is:
>  da poi jefydje zohu I shop ca ro me da
>which has the drawbacks of (a) the vagueness of {me}, and
>(b) the necessity of using the prenex.
>
>Jefydje is a category whose members are categories themselves.

If the hangup is whether something is a category of something or is the
thing itself, we have klesi and jutsi for defining subcategories, and
cmima among others for indicating membership within the category.
porsi may also fit in here somewhere.

lojbab