Re: mo'e

>If you add {mo'e li ci} and {mo'e li ci} you get {mo'e re li ci}, and
>not {mo'e li xa}.

I am not sure that we have defined an outer quantifier for "li".  In any
event, rules of mathematics are what matter.  "mo'e" is the inverse of
"li" so "mo'e li ci" is defined as "ci", and ci+ci = xa, not "re li ci"

at least in normal mathematics (my son is at the stage of "1+1 = 11" for
jokes too, and that is the way I would read your argument for "re li ci".

mo'e pa plise is a 'number', a dimensioned number as Cowan mentioned, but
a number nonetheless.  "mo'eda" is also a number.  My usage may have been
sloppy, and it may turn out that what I really needed was a "la'emo'eda" to
get the value of the dimensioned "da", and I might even need to put in an
explicit "pada" so that Jorge cannot twist my words into something I did
not intend.

SSo does la'emo'epada poi namcu work?

>> Actually, an operand can be an array, or a range so I see no reasson why
>--More--
>> mo'e can only handle 1 number.  The only question is hjow to define
>> mathematics based on the "numbers" you create with mo'e.  For most cases
>> that are liable to come up in real usage, the ansswer is fairly well defined
>
>I don't understand that paragraph.

We are converting non-mathematical 'objects' into mathematical ones.  Operations
on mathematical objects are fairly well defined for any given mathematics.
The conversion of a non-mathematical object into a mathematical one is going
to likely be a matter of convention for many cases.  We can figure out
what do to with outer quantified descriptions, and with "li+quantifier".
The restr will be governed by people looking to make useful sense out of
otherwise nonsense.

Since an operand can be an array, or any of a variety of other mathematical
objects, the conversion that mo'e produces has a little wider variety than
might otherwise be predicted.  With a little creativity on defining your
mathematical operations, you might get a large amount of expressivity in
Mex usages that are not obvious mappings of standard aritrhmetic.

lojbab