Re: got it right, Matthew! -Svar

In message <sf714681.058@novell.com> conlang@diku.dk writes:
> Could anyone post information about Eurolang?

Yes.

Eurolang (EL) est artifacta lang, qui me creatab est comuna 2a lang per la
Europa Unized (EU). Its word-list est baseda super englanda lang, franca
lang, italiana lang, espanyal lang, et Latin.

Me intend, ka lernation et usation it est facila. Detail est, ka lernabera
europa person, qui deja sav 1 or plus 1 di langs, probablae pos lire
Eurolang (no tropa usation dictionary), si ge deja lernab it per 1 day.

A loose translation:

EL is an artificial language, which I created to be a common 2nd lang
for the EU. Its lexicon is based on English, French, Italian, Spanish and
Latin.

I intend that lerning and using it should be easy. In particular, an
educated European who already knows one or more of these langs should
be able to read Eurolang (without too much use of a dictionary), if
they've studied it for a day.

> Are there still users of this constructed language?

I only started constructing it this year, so perhaps a better question
would be "are there *yet* users of EL?". AFAIK, I am the only person who
currently uses EL. Perhaps you would like to be the 2nd?

CURRENT STATE OF EUROLANG

The Eurolang/English dictionary currently has about 900 entries, representing
about 450 EL root words. EL also has about 30 bound morphemes, so that's
a total of 480 roots.

The Enlish/Eurolang dictionary is a bit bigger because some EL words do
the work of several English words. It has about 1000 entries.

I have also written a Eurolang grammar, and a document containing examples
of texts in Eurolang and discussions about EL vocabulary.

None of these documents is particularly error-free, because I have not
finalised EL's grammar yet.

If you want, I will email them to you.

Over the next few weeks I intend to rewrite these documents, get rid of
errors, perhaps format them into HTML, and make them available on a
Web/FTP site.

--
Phil Hunt